Ever find something and you can’t wait to share? You want to tell anyone and everyone because it’s just that good? Well this, my friends, is one of those “finds.” This banana and chocolate chip baked muffin recipe is delicious! It definitely has the flavors of banana bread and a breakfast cookie wrapped up in a hearty baked muffin cup. Whether you are trying to eat healthier (gluten free for me) or just want something to make that lasts for potentially 2 weeks (depending on how many you eat and how often) this recipe is for you!
I love it because I can make 12 days’ worth of breakfast all at one get go AND it only takes 10 minutes to prep! YES please! I am big on meal prep so this is right up my alley! The chocolate chips are obviously a treat, especially for breakfast. If you want to leave them out then you’re more than welcome to. However, there is only ½ cup in the recipe so if you need a little chocolate fix then throw some in. 🙂 The banana and pure maple syrup in the recipe adds a good amount of sweetness. But if you want more then pour a little extra maple syrup over the top before you eat it.
I like to eat my muffin in the morning with a banana and a couple spoonsful of Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter. There are total of 5 different flavors. I like them all with the muffin but vanilla is my personal favorite. They also come in travel packs which makes it easy for you to grab it and get out the door! This is one of those recipes where it’s so yummy and sweet you think there’s no way it’s healthy for me. But I’m here to tell you that it is! Yay! Right?! Okay, okay on to the recipe! 🙂
Banana and Chocolate Chip Baked Muffin Cups Recipe
Prep time Cook time Total time
10 mins 30 mins. 40 mins
Author: Organize Yourself Skinny
Modified by: Me
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana, 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1% milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almondmilk)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 12 Baking cups (usually comes in packs of 20-50)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Crack the 2 eggs into another medium bowl. Whisk together with the maple syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla extract till the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
- Slowly stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line the muffin pan with baking cups (makes for an easy clean up) then divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffins tins. Press the mixture down with a spoon so all the oats are covered in liquid.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a little pure maple syrup.
Make ahead instructions
Bake oatmeal cups completely and let cool on wax paper. Then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap, place in a freezer bag, and freeze. Warm up in the microwave. First, remove plastic wrap. Then place on a microwave safe dish and heat up for 2 minutes on high. Put a coffee mug of water in while it heats up. This keeps it from drying out.
** I let them cool on wax paper and then put them in a gallon size freezer bag and put in freezer. When ready to eat I put in microwave for 30-40 seconds. **
Serving size: 1 baked oatmeal cup Calories: 202 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 25 WW Points +: 6 Fiber: 1 Protein: 4